Many companies that say they can “repair your credit” are actually not doing that. They are disputing everything on your credit report in the hopes that the company will take the item off your credit. If there are inaccuracies on your credit report then you should dispute those with the credit reporting agencies. If the information is accurate the creditor does not have to remove it.
The only way to remove an accurate debt from your credit report is to file a bankruptcy and obtain a discharge. If you have 650 credit score or less than a bankruptcy will improve your credit because it wipes it out. The bankruptcy will take the items off your credit report and you will only be left with the post bankruptcy credit. The bankruptcy allows you to start over as if you never had credit before. If you successfully obtain a bankruptcy discharge you are not allowed to file another bankruptcy again and obtain a discharge for a period of time. If you successfully obtained a discharge in a Chapter 7 then you cannot file a subsequent Chapter 7 and obtain a discharge for 8 years. The credit card companies know this and want to get you back into debt so they can make money from interest and late charges. Be careful about incurring new debt post bankruptcy, however do get a low balance credit card and use it for convenience and pay it in full every month so that you can rebuild your credit.
Contact the Law Offices of Brad Weil at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310-515-7776 to set up your appointment today. Attorney Weil can help you navigate the complex legal process and work out a solution that best fits your needs.
Meet the Attorney
Brad Weil is a resident of the City of Carson. He is a graduate of Los Angeles Harbor College and Banning high school in Wilmington Cali
I was referred to Brad by another Client. I cannot say enough nice things about Brad. He will be with you through the entire process. He does not push you off to a dozen paralegals or attorneys who show up in court but know nothing about your case (an experience I had with another attorney) . He is responsive and available to answer your questions, doesn’t speak to you condescendingly and treats you with respect. The type of work Brad does, people come to him broken and sometimes embarrassed or ashamed. He has compassion and sensitivity Retain Brad, you won’t be sorry!
Very professional; straight forward, and does not sugar coat anything so you know where you stand in a legal manner. If he does not know the answer to something on an immediate basis, he will be honest with you, and will find out in a very quick manner the answers to your questions. A very personable attorney, and very fairly priced.
Mr. Weil was very informative. He walked us through every aspect of our Bankruptcy filing. He was very attentive. We learned a lot in this process. I was against filing a BK in the beginning because I didn’t really understand what it was or how it could help our family. Mr. Weil put my fears to rest. He was always on time if not early. He took great care of us when we went to court and made sure that I had all of the paperwork I needed at all times. He and his staff went above and beyond and I am extremely grateful as a result. I would definitely recommend his services to anyone I meet.
Mr. Weil responded to a very pertinent bankruptcy question that I had and gave very good advice. While I did not hire him mainly because he was not located in the general vicinity, I would definitely refer him to others
Mr. Brad Weil is a “top shelf” lawyer, who has routinely adhered to the highest standards of ethical representation and jurisprudence while representing me and my family. He is definitely an asset to the community he serves. I would not hesitate to consult Mr. Weil in the future, concerning any legal matter.
My husband and I did NOT want to go through the Bankruptcy process. We were ashamed, embarrassed, and scared. But, after the initial consultation, Attorney Weil made us feel comfortable and eased our worries away. He explained all the processes very carefully. He was so thorough. He returned calls immediately and just really made you feel very important. He did not use any BIG words like many attorneys would, he made you understand what he was saying. Even in his busiest schedule, he made sure that he attended the 341 meeting with my husband and I. We truly appreciate his help with our financial crisis. Attorney Weil and his staff has provided us outstanding and excellent service. We highly recommend his practice.
Opting for bankruptcy was one of the most difficult choices I have had to make. I was overwhelmed and shamed by my finance situation. Once I met with Attorney Weil, all of my anxiety went away. He reassured me by patiently exploring all of the bankruptcy options with me and never made me feel bad for my circumstances. Attorney Weil made the intimidating process of bankruptcy very simple for me. Throughout the process he was there to personally answer all of my questions every step of the way. The date of the 341 meeting he was there with me, rather than a random representative, this made me feel very secure and at ease. I cannot thank him enough for his professionalism and help in my financial situation. I highly recommend Attorney Weil, he provides excellent services.
He is good as it gets. Explains, talks and listens. Knows how to your job . Saved my life. Vanessa is the best paralegal in the business. Thank you both.
We did not want to declare bankruptcy, but one of our creditors was threatening to garnish my wages. We were desperate and confused when we came to Brad. He looked at our rather complicated case and explained everything thoroughly to us. He helped us understand every aspect of what was happening with our bankruptcy. I can’t say I felt good about what we were going through, but Brad made us feel better!
As our case unfolded, it became even more complicated and Brad was always there every step of the way. He was thorough in his handling of paperwork and always prompt to return my many questioning phone calls. I was impressed with his professional handling of negotiations with our Court Trustee. Brad made a difficult situation as smooth and painless as it possibly could be. We recommend Brad whole heartedly.
Evaluation of my involvement with Mr. Brad Weil.
Responding to a mailer I received from Mr. Weil, I need some immediate action to avoid foreclosure. Although Mr. Weil’s office was in the Carson, southern LA County area and I was in the northern part of Orange County, I was interested in considering his assistance. After my initial call, I met with Mr. Weil to further discuss working together.
After my meeting I decided to use Mr. Weil’s services. I was impressed by his knowledge of the matter at hand and appreciated Brad’s optimism along with his realistic outlook. The differences in Ch. 13 and Ch. 7 bankruptcies were explained and provided me with the needed information to help me make that decision. Upon preceding forward, the stages of his legal assistance was as follows:
1. Stopping foreclosure and the countless calls from creditors was handled immediately and an upcoming meeting with the bankruptcy judge and the bankruptcy trustee was schedule.
2. After follow-up discussions and research, Mr. Weil laid a game plan for my consideration, the steps we needed to take and the preparatory work that I needed to do. Mr. Weil’s was readily available for any needed follow-up discussions and, if not available at the time of my call, always returned my call within 24 hours. His assistant was always available to handle messages in his absence.
3. Prior to our first court meeting to start the process, Mr. Weil’s made sure I was well prepared and the things went smoothly. During that time, Mr. Weil had a very experience Real Estate appraiser meet me at my home to provide an appraisal that Mr. Weil’s then used to remove the 2nd mortgage as part of the beginning of bankruptcy.
4. The meeting with the bankruptcy judges and trustee provided me an understanding of what separates a good bankruptcy attorney from another. Mr. Weil met with me the day of and explained his strategy when we were called in front of the judge, what his plan was and what he wanted from me while we both appeared before the judge. While waiting for our time, Mr. Weil observed the judge and her mannerisms with the other lawyers and jotting me notes of things he was picking up and his ideas on possible adjustments to our presentation we had discussed.
5. In front of the judge and trustee, Mr. Weil projected himself clearly, showed a confidence to the judge and trustee that he knew what he was talking about and how a successful proceeding needed to go. Although, he very much was in my corner, he made sure he let the judge know that he was working toward a fair and timely resolution which seemed to go over very well with both the judge and trustee.
6. In follow-up, we are proceeding with a different course of action, due to my current circumstances and Mr. Weil is handling those accordingly. Additionally, his office has initiated a mortgage modification with my lender and the lenders’ attorney’s.